Wednesday, January 6, 2010
BAND ANNOUNCEMENT #12
10 Things About Jerome:
1. Jerome sings and plays guitar, shakers and sometimes has a laptop as his band. He is a self-taught musician and can't read notes for shit.
2. He originally comes from Kota Kinabalu, which is situated on the island of Borneo. He's been based in KL since 2000.
3. He started writing poetry from the age of 14 and still does. Currently preparing his poetry collection "Imaginary Poems" for publication in 2009.
4. His early idols include Tina Turner, Tracy Chapman and Suzanne Vega.
5. His current idols are Bjork, David Sylvian, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Kate Bush, Scritti Politti, Autechre and Marissa Nadler.
6. He started making music in 1996, at age 20, when he was studying in Australia, with band called C.U.N.T. which was a Casio-based punk band. It lasted for four gigs then imploded. Later he collaborated with Alien Headspace and Futuretro as vocalist. Then set up a shortlived studio band with Elena Williams and Susan Cunningham called WilKuCunn (ha ha ha). Long time ago... duuude...
7. He currently works as media manager for The Annexe Gallery at Central Market Annexe. He was previously sub-editor for KLue and Junk magazines. Jerome is actually trained as a writer. He has a degree in Professional Writing from the University of Canberra, Australia. Yep, you read that right! Six years in fucking Canberra!
8. He won two Cameronian Arts Awards in 2005 for music he composed for Ops Ophelia, a play directed by Rohaizad Suaidi.
9. He is one-third of Troubadours Enterprise, a company that organises singer songwriter gigs around KL, including KL Sing Song. The other two thirds are singer songwriters Azmyl Yunor and Tan Sei Hon. They joke a lot.
10. He released his solo debut album "Songs For A Shadow" in April 2008. It got him nominated for Best Pop Vocalist at the 1st VIMA 2009. Currently, JK is working on writing new songs for his second album tentatively titled "City Of Mud
NUFF'SAID! HAHA..COME AND CHECK OUT THE MAN HIMSELF LIVE AT THE STAGE FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE TEH GAYONG LEPAK STAGE!
Copy and paste the link to check out his stuff
Thanks for making time for this bro! Had a great time at the Annexe gig! U were a great host!